Saturday 15 October 2011

Students On Ice 2011 To Antarctica

October 15
Last week I was informed that I was accepted to go on the Students On Ice Youth Expedition to the Antarctic. The expedition lasts from December 27, 2011-January 10, 2012. If you would like to learn more about this educational program visit their website http://www.studentsonice.com/. I am very excited to be accepted to go on a once in a lifetime opportunity to observe, and learn, the impacts of climate change and other environmental issues facing Antarctica.

This opportunity involves a lot of fundraising to get there. I am currently pursuing different angles of fundraising, such as school bake sales, craft sales, and even seeking donations from companies. Wish me luck!

I hope this blog will hold lots of interest in my progress in fundraising and the life-changing experience after I come back. I will update my progress as frequently as I can, and be blogging about the whole trip once I come back.
Thank-you for checking my blog out! If you wish to contact me feel free to email me: jwild9@yahoo.ca

-Justine Wild

1 comment:

  1. Hey Justine,

    Thank you so much for your letter and opportunity to sponsor you on this very exciting adventure. I have been travelling a great deal and only now have had the opportunity to respond. I have sent a cheque for $100 to the Student on Ice Foundation in Quebec on behalf of the McAndless family. I’m looking forward to updates on your blog and wish you a happy, successful and safe journey!

    ReplyDelete